Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Letter sent home- looks like it was written last Wednesday.

FAMILY!  This was my last preparation day at the MTC. I'm going to Alaska Monday morning.  I'll be at the SLC airport at 6 a.m. so I will be able to call home for 15 minutes.  This call will probably take place between 7 and 8:30, my flight leaves at 8:30 a.m. and we have a layover in Seattle.  It will be me, Sister Petersen, and 12 other elders- me and Sis Pete have found these elders and gotten to know a few of them :)  What's kinda cool and weird is that I was made travel leader. I thought at first that meant cuz I am senior companion.  Then I realized I'm travel leader over all 14 of us.  My duties include making sure we get on the van and get on the plane.  I am pretty much Queen of the Universe.  I feel weird being made travel leader over priesthood leaders.  I have a packet that tells me this and gives me all the names of those I'm flying with.
 
The others in my district who are going to Kentucky and New Jersey don't even know their travel leaders.  Haha.  Okay my Christlike attribute I'm gonna work on this week is patience.  I mean humility oops.  (Really it is patience.)
 
Oh, Elder Higgins was made travel leader...but he is the only one flying to India, ha ha.  UMM... So Dec 19th my address will be: 
 
Sister Melissa Jean Ashbrook
Alaska Anchorage Mission
3250 Strawberry Road
Anchorage, AK 99502
 
- Don't forget to pick up the phone Monday morning
Love you - Sis Ash.

No comments:

Post a Comment